Russian forces have downed 28 Ukrainian drones over Crimea overnight, Moscow’s defence ministry and a local official said on Tuesday.
Seventeen drones sent by Ukraine’s forces overnight were “destroyed” and another 11 were “suppressed” by electronic means, Russia’s defence ministry said in a statement.
It said there were no casualties or damage.
Crimea’s Russian-installed governor Sergei Aksyonov said on Telegram that 28 drones had been downed or destroyed during the night.
“There are no victims,” he said.
Drone attacks in Crimea have increased in recent weeks as Ukraine wages a counter-offensive against Russian forces.
Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014, a move not recognised by the international community.
Kyiv has repeatedly said it plans to take back the peninsula.
Waterborne drones struck the sole bridge connecting Russia to Crimea on Monday, in a deadly attack on a vital supply route claimed by Ukraine’s security services.
The explosion hit the Kerch bridge, a major conduit for Russia’s troops in Ukraine, just hours before a crucial deal to export Ukrainian grain was to expire.
Harun Ar Rashid : The price of a flagship mobile phone is very high. There… Read More
Chief Adviser Professor Muhammad Yunus today conferred the Independence Award-2025 on seven luminary individuals in… Read More
The Home Ministry today issued a set of 15 directives to maintain the overall law… Read More
Chief Adviser Professor Muhammad Yunus today inquired about the health condition of former national cricket… Read More
Country's busiest and largest launch terminal Sadarghat is revitalized this year as Eid holidaymakers are… Read More
Iran's Revolutionary Guards have unveiled new missile systems on three strategic islands in the Gulf,… Read More